Assorted Anxiety Disorders

I am an adult in my early forties or maybe not. My age really doesn’t matter and for that matter my real name neither. However what really matters is my story and the countless other stories of other people who suffer from anxiety disorders and depression. Ever since I was a kid I have suffered from assorted anxiety disorders. Even though I have not been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist I have had signs and symptoms of various mental maladies such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic attacks, social anxiety, stuttering and depression. Depending on the period of my life I suffered from one or more of the above symptoms.

Throughout my life I had good times and bad times but it’s always been a struggle just to feel normal like everyone else and not be obsessed with negative thoughts and fear. Ironically enough I have considered going to the doctor many times before but was too nervous to follow through with. However due recent events in my life such as caring for sick loved ones and career advancement I’ve decided to see a doctor. Between caring for loved ones with cancer and making important future life decisions and having to learn how to drive, I decided it was time to try some medication.

I plan to update this blog whenever I have something appropriate or significant enough to mention. Ultimately my goal is simple enough, to express myself and to help others with anxiety disorders. Remember it does not matter how old you are or what your circumstances are there is help out there, you’re not alone and you’re not crazy.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pharmacy Lexapro Pills

Immediately after my doctor’s scheduled appointment I could not wait to get to the local pharmacy, fill my RX and just get to the safety of my home. It was the first time I got a prescription filled for some time, and even though I must waited only 10 mins or so; it felt like I waited 10 years. In all honesty I felt a bit embarrassed and after 5 minutes I just wanted to leave after it seemed like it filled up with people. However after a couple of mins more my prescription was all ready and I could not have been happier at that moment in time. The pharmacist came out with my pills and asked if needed any information about the Lexapro. I said no thank you, my physician had informed me of all the important information I needed to have. I paid for my RX and thanked the pharmacist and left with my little bottle of magic pills. LoL

In all honesty after I left the drugstore I felt very proud of myself, I finally thought about doing something about my panic and anxiety problems and actually went out and achieved it finally! For many people they will not understand, but for men and woman like us it was a big deal without a doubt. Individuals who don’t suffer from anxiety disorders just are not able to understand how some of the most basic things in life can be so stressful for us to do without feeling anxiety.

The point of this post was not to gloat or anything like that.What I would like to convey is that if you been hesitant to go to the doctor for whatever reason please change your state of mind immediately. Force yourself to go in the end it's going to be more than worth it. As you can tell so far, it’s been relatively fast and easy up to now. Quite frankly the toughest part so far was just contacting the medical center out of the blue and deciding to make the appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment